cargodpommier
Nintex Newbie

How to detect and block the entry of a french accented character in a field

Jump to solution

Hello

I am searching for some help to find a solution to detect french accented characters in textfield and to block the form validation.

• Or if it's possible (?) a solution to replace the accented characters with the corresponding characters without accent ?

For example if a user fill a text field with "Kilian Mbappé"

• I need to block the possibility to validate the form
  • or automaticaly replace this text with "Kylian Mbappe" before.

Thank you in advance for your help (I am not familiar with javacript...)

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
emha
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: How to detect and block the entry of a french accented character in a field

Jump to solution

just to validate whather user input contains only allowed resp. doesn't contain fobidden characters - have a look on regular expression validation form control option.

this validation will work both in NEW and EDIT forms

if you needed the repalce just in NEW form and you do not need to/allow edit the input later on, you could use calcuated value control and write a formula with use of replace() runtime function to automatically convert forbidden characters to their allowed counterparts.

note to connect calculated value control to list field insted of input box in that case.

if you needed the replace both in NEW and EDIT mode then a small javascript would be needed to perform replace.

View solution in original post

cargodpommier
Nintex Newbie

Re: How to detect and block the entry of a french accented character in a field

Jump to solution
"have a look on regular expression validation form control option. this validation will work both in NEW and EDIT forms" : it's not exactily what I want to do but it's a good solution to be sure my text field doesn't contain forbidden characters. Thank's for your help !
0 Kudos