SQL blocking after adding new K2 server to farm?

• 11 August 2015
  • 2 replies

Badge +6
Hi all - I just recently added a K2 server to my K2 farm. Previously I had configured a K2 farm with only my production K2 server present. Now I have a hot second production server. After doing so I set my local client up to hit the DR server exclusively to make sure it was working properly against our K2 database, and while it seemed a little slow everything was working. Then, my DBA said he started seeing blocking from the second K2 server I had added. He said it initiated the following maintenance job and it was causing blocking to queue up: DELETE [ServerLog].[ActData] ......... Is this normal or have I done something wrong? Blocking is not normally a good thing.

2 replies

Badge +12

Hi There,

Have you tried running a reconfigure on the K2 server ? What version are you currently on as well ? When adding the second K2 server, during the set up did you see any errors? (check the install log located in the following directory >>>> Program Files (x86) >>>> K2 Blackpearl >>>> Set Up >>>> Log.

Kind regards,

Percy

Badge +6

I have done multiple reconfigures over time for various things, and never get any errors.

This blocking issue crops up and then seems to go away.  It seems to indicate some type of server log cleanup.  Here is the blocking query:

DELETE [ServerLog].[ActData]
FROM [ServerLog].[ActData] ad
INNER JOIN [ServerLog].[Act] a ON ad.ActID = a.ID
INNER JOIN [ServerLog].[Proc] p ON a.ProcID = p.ID
INNER JOIN [ServerLog].[ProcSet] ps ON p.ProcSetID = ps.ID
WHERE ps.FullName = @ProcName AND (p.Ver = @Version OR @Version = 0 OR (@Version = -1 AND ps.ProcVerID != p.ID))

DELETE  [ServerLog].[ActInst]
FROM  [ServerLog].[ActInst] a
INNER JOIN [ServerLog].[ProcInst] [pi] ON a.ProcInstID = [pi].ID
INNER JOI  (missing rest of query from my tool pane - can look it up if necessary)