Is it possible to attach document used to start workflow to task forms in the workflow?

• 30 October 2018
  • 7 replies

Badge +3

I have a Nintex 2013 workflow built on a Sharepoint 2013 Document Library.  I would like to be able to attach the document used to start the workflow to task forms in the workflow itself.  Is this possible? 

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Jonathan,

you should be able to use a calculated field, with a formula: '<a href="'+ Item URL +'" target="_blank">click here</a>'.

Item URL should be a selectable place holder in the common tab.

This will show your formula as a working hyperlink to the context item URL when showing the form.

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +3

Please forgive my ignorance, but I'm having trouble getting this to work.  From your reply I concluded you meant for me to enter the html string in the formula field of the calculated value control.  When I do this, I get the blank white screen in preview mode and when I test the task form by running the workflow.

Are there other settings for this control I must enter to get the link to work?  Am I even using the correct form control?  I have had success using a label control and entering a html string in the source code to open a location on the Sharepoint server (i.e lists or libraries).  Unfortunately, the source editor for this control doesn't accept references such as Item URL, etc.  Please advise.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Jonathan,

no problem! You can copy the string but you need to replace the Item Url string with the placeholder picked from the References Dialog. When you see a white screen in preview it means that there was an error when processing the formula of the calculated value control.

The result should look somewhat like this:

220484_pastedImage_1.png

220485_pastedImage_2.png

Badge +3

Apologies, not sure what I'm doing wrong here.  I have been selecting the "Item URL" placeholder and this is the configuration I've been trying to use:

220486_pastedImage_1.png

Here's the lower part of the config window:

220487_pastedImage_2.png

The result of this configuration is a blank field instead of a link and, of course, the preview window is blank.  Not sure why the form doesn't like this formula.

220488_pastedImage_3.png

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

you need to inlcude the leading ' and the closing ' as it separates the text-part from the formula part of your formula.

Badge +3

Ha!  I knew it had to be something simple like syntax.  Sorry, prior to Nintex development my html experience was limited to one website building assignment in college.  It works perfectly!  Thank you very much for your prompt and enlightening response!

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

You're welcome. Glad it worked!