Error while using smart object in infopath form

• 15 October 2010
  • 7 replies

Badge +6

I am working with Infopath without code. I have a textbox & dropdownlist in a form. When i enter some text in the textbox, the matching result should be displayed in the dropdownlist.

I am using smartobject to achieve this. The Smart Object is binded to the dropdownlist. Everything is working fine when i run it from the client. But when I try to execute it from workflow I am getting error: "There has been an error while processing the form."

I used the same smart object in other sample workflow, to see if there is anything wrong with the smart object but its working there.

Any ideas?

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

When does the error occur? Is it when opening the Form or submitting? Are you using form services or IP client? If Form Services is used, try changing it to use IP client this may give us a more descriptive error message.

Vernon

Badge +3

Hi,

Why are you using SmartObjects in this exercise? You can use straight InfoPath to accomplish your goal, here is a blog post which explains how this is done, just in reverse through, listbox to textbox, but the princples remain the same.

http://sharepointlk.blogspot.com/2009/05/populate-infopath-text-box-based-on.html

Cheers

Pieter

Badge +6

There is a button, on click of the button I am trying to filter the data into the dropdownlist. when opened from the client, it is working fine. I am getting only from the browser.

[----textbox---]    [Filter_button]

[dropdownlist]

Badge +6

I tried this already, but it is not working for dropdownlist. I already used this approach to load the data when i select item from the dropdownlist. Let me know if were able to achieve it.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

check this post...I think it may be worth a shot if you check the settings I mention there.

http://k2underground.com/forums/p/12944/37957.aspx#37957

HTH

Vernon

Badge +6

Vernon, All the settings you mentioned were already in place. We created the infopath again and surprisingly it worked. So right now i dont have any issue with it, but i still wonder what might have caused that problem.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

that’s good at least its working...I tend to think that it might be something to do with data connections or something that went all corrupt on you in the original form.