Email Notification Not Working on Site Workflow

• 17 April 2015
  • 4 replies

Badge +6

I have scheduled this site workflow to run once a day. If the item notify date column equals the current date then it sends an email.

It Queries the list and for each item where the notify date column = current date, it should send an email for each item that meets the criteria.

The workflow does not error, however a email for each item is never sent.

When I look at the workflow history it stops at the each action (in green), but the email was never sent. why?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Emily,

I imported your workflow, but because I did not have the matching list, the query action was not configured with your settings. Could you post a screen shot of the query action for us? Secondly, in the email you are sending them to a variable person. I just wanted to make sure that all you wanted to do in the email was email the same person one email per item found in the query and the body to have the ID of them item. I came to this conclusion because the collection variable said item ID and then there was a foreach on the item id collection.

Thanks!

Andrew

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The person you want to notify, is that a field in the list as well? If so, you will want to return that field into the collection and not the ID. Then foreach on the person field collection and send an email to the current value within the collection.

Badge +6

It worked! I attached the final product

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Excellent, please mark Andrew's answer as correct when you get a chance so we can close this one out!

Thanks