Add "Attachment" Property to SharePoint SmartObject Methods?

Badge +9

Is it possible to add the "Attachment" property to the SharePoint List SmartObject "Load" or "Get List" method?  There is already an "Attachment" property in the SmartObject, it is used for the "Add Attachment" method, but it seems aside from adding an attachment the SmartObject has no visibility of attachments.

I have been following "The Proper Way to Attach Files in K2 InfoPath processess" instructions but I'm trying to find a solution to avoid the same filename issue.  It was suggested to me that I try using a list instead of a document library, and attach the file to the list item.  I was relieved to see the "Add Attachment" method, but my relief was short lived once I realised I couldn't retrieve it.

Thanks in advance!

2 replies

Badge +8

Hey Victoria,

The smartobjects seem to be limited when we build them from the SharePoint k2 wizards.  Especially when it comes to attachments.

I've had better luck with building the smartobject manually through the Service Tester, via right clicking on the SharePoint Service V2 instance and inputting the URL of the SharePoint list or library.

Let me know if that helps, otherwise I can test further on my end to try to recreate what I've built in the past.  In some situations, I've built a SmartBox smartobject to just handle attachments.  It seemed to handle it more efficiently.  

David

Badge +9

Thank you for the response David.  Unfortunately that did not resolve my issue.  The service instance does not associate the attachment property to either the list or read methods, so I think it's safe to assume that creating any SmartObjects from it will always give the same outcome.

I will certainly consider your SmartBox solution.  Anything is better than nothing at this point.