Write Managed Metadata Field Values with Nintex Workflow

• 10 December 2014
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Quite often we are facing the challange to write ManagedMetadata values to SharePoint Columns with Nintex Workflow.

The only way to acheive this I know, is described in the following blog:

Setting managed metadata fields in a Nintex workflow

Is this procedure the recommended way to do this?

Or are there some other good ideas around?

Thanks,

Marco

4 replies

Badge +1

Thanks for your reply.

Your approach works fine for SharePoint lists.

But if you want to write into a column in a document library you have to go the way using the "Call Web Service" activity.

We struggled with the guide in this post "Setting managed metadata fields in a Nintex workflow"  because of a wrong field Name reference. After checking the internal field Name with "SharePoint Manager" from Codeplex, we got it up & running. The internal field Name is just a guid instead of "PrimaryCategoryTaxHTField0".

Badge +1

Btw: Another Thing I notice which was a bit strage to me was the fact that it is very important which activity you are using for storing the source taxonomy field value.

If you are using a "build a string" activity  you will only get the Taxonomy Field Name without the Field ID.

But if you are using the activity "Set Variable" you will get the Taxonomy Field Value including the id which makes it very much easier to build the string for the web Service update request.

Badge +4

Can we save set  multiple values in the matadata field using Nintex Workflow? 

Badge +5

What GUID are your referring to that replaced "PrimaryCategoryTaxHTField0"?  What did you need to change to use the GUID in the web service call?

Thank you.