ADP Workforce Now communicating with Nintex Workflow

Badge +3

So I am trying to allow Nintex Workflow to communicate with our ADP Workforce Now web based server.  I am running Nintex through Sharepoint 2013 on a SQL 2012 server.  I have seen that it is not possible to communicate between ADP and a SQL server, however there was nothing recent that said this so I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with this communication.  Thanks.

4 replies

Badge +3

The stackoverflow question here seems to be a good source for more information as to why it would not be possible, so I am going to assume that it is not possible due to the failure of Access to communicate with a SQL server, and that is what ADP uses.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Perhaps you will find more accurate help on the ADP Workforce Community

Badge +3

Honestly, their community seems to be piss poor as far as I can tell because all there are is some basic simple questions that are just marketing gimmicks.  I have yet to find a location I can ask a community who uses ADP.  That might be because ADP is a very large company that just handles the storage of HR information and there isn't too many things that one would be asking about their product, but I am not sure.  

Badge +3

I have since discovered that ADP does not allow for communication to SQL servers, only the web based programs that they endorse.  It is a shame that they decided to not let people use a universal connection.