Repeating section

Badge +2

Hello there,

I have problem with repeating section in nintex form. I want to add varible to repeating section and I want to every variable(of course Name1 Name2 Name3) save to form variable.

Thanks to your response.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

could you describe in more details what exactly you need and post some examples?

you explanation throws out several different use cases.

Badge +2

Of course i have "Repair list" of some item. I created columns "Name of technician" , "Description of repair" and "Date of repair".

One item is repairing by more than one technician. I want every new entry (name,description and date) save to new columns (Name1,Description1,date1...), if next technician add new row the data will save to Name2,Description2,Date2 etc..

Repeating Section Example

Thanks for your tips.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

this is not possible from forms since whole content of repeating section is save as XML into connected plain text field.

it's not supported to connect single control from repeating sedition to a list fields

you can, however, setup a workflow that will parse that XML, pick respective data out there and write them into list fields.

but if you have fix  number of (set of) fields in list you need not use repeating section but rather place each field on form. users will fill in as many fields as needed.