How do I populate value of label/text dynamically in Nintex Forms?

• 28 January 2015
  • 6 replies

Badge +6

Hi Everyone,

I need help. I have a Nintex form with a label that I want to populate the value automatically with data from another list not the based list. Basically in the form below when someone clicks the checks box I want to get a data from an independent list filter it and display one of it's field in the label. Please not the label can be a text box as well so that doesn't matter.

Label.JPG

To try and explain, in InfoPath you use to have the calculated value property which allowed you to use a data connection and display data according to your need as shown below. Since I am in the process of converting my InfoPath forms I am checking if some of the things are possible.

InfoPathView.JPG

Thank you

Regards

Bhuti

6 replies

Badge +11

Hi Bhuti,

You can still use the Calculated Value on the Nintex Form. But there is no way to add Data connections. Rather you need to use Lookup function. Place the calculation control on the form and add lookup function to it. For your case, it would look like this: lookup("DisclaimerList","Id","24","Disclaimer")

Id is the column which you want to filter and "24" is the value to filter on. You can replace "24" with dynamic variable if you have one, which would contain the respective ID. This will populate the calculated field. Now you can control the visibility of this calculated field based on the checkbox. Hope it helps.

Badge +6

I didn't know there was a calculated field in Nintex Forms, will check it out.

Regards

Bhuti

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

What version of Forms are you using On prem or O365?  O365 lacks the lookup function that you will need to use in order to query the other list.  If you are using On prem, then this should be doable by using this function.

Badge +6

Am using on Prem. I can see the calculated field.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Can you do a lookup in O365? Or do you have to use the list lookup function?

Badge +8

Any guidance on what to do on O365 in this Scenario? I for instance would like to have a series of labels that match to specific IDs in a custom list (not the list that the form is associated with). Is this possible with a lookup or calculated field?