ERROR: "XML value not supplied"

• 27 March 2005
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

I have a K2 project that is initiated through an ASP.NET web form.
The internal workflow steps take place via InfoPath forms and SharePoint integration.
I can fill out the web form successfully, but the workflow item never shows up in the first InfoPath activity.
Instead the process errors out with the above error message.

Has anyone ever seen this?

Thanks
C

5 replies

Badge +4
Hello,

Have you ever resolved this problem? I am having the exact same message with a K2/InfoPath Process integrated with Sharepoint.
Badge +9
Hi,

By the sounds of things it looks like you have not executed the InfoPath Process wizard on the process, In K2.net Studio open the process and click on Tools > Additional > InfoPath Process and complete the wizard. After that you can make use of any form to start the process as long as the Web Form is making use of the same IP XML field.
Badge +4
Well finally we had to reconstruct the whole process from scratch and everything went fine. It seems that something somewhere was corrupted. I even had someone from K2Solution try to find the problem without any success!

Thanks anyway for your reply.
Badge +8
That is not good news. I am having exactly the same problem but my process consists of over 30 activities and ton of line decisions, rules and custom code. I am not itching to have to rebuild this process.

Any other suggestions?

I already re-ran the infopath wizard with no success.

I also have a ticket open with support, but if anyone has any other suggestions...
Badge +8
I really did not want to rebuild my process from the ground up so I did the following:

I created a new Infopath process under the same project (this way all of the string table variables and destination queues would be available to the new process), and pointed this process at the same form I was using for the broken process.

I opened the old and the new process in K2 studio.

From the old process I selected all of the activities after the Infopath Initialize activity and copied them to the new process.

I added a line from the Infopath Initialize activity to the first activity that I had pasted into the process.

I deleted the Infopath Activity that was created automatically

I added all of my users and groups the the process with proper permissions.

Imported Data Fields from old process

Compiled and Exported the new process.

This worked.