Workspace won't install - how to override?

• 24 June 2008
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

As part of my previous post, I can't seem to get the Workspace to install. Running the install manually isn't an option due to the way the installer functions, but is there a way to throw msiexec a switch to override that behavior and let me simply install the Workspace by itself?

Thanks

3 replies

Badge +9
Last I checked, no.  The installer msi files need to be called by the configuration manager.  So the configuration manager is installed as a compulsory component for every server install.
Badge +4

Johnny,

I appreciate the response - let me clarify what's going on:

• I have performed the K2 installation
  • Everything is installed and has been configured successfully, with the one exception of the Workspace
  • The Workspace did not install at all - there is no Workspace folder or anything
  • There seems to be nothing in the logs that indicates a problem, other than the configuration manager not able to proceed because it can't find the Workspace folder, which doesn't exist in the first place.

I could really use some help in understanding:

• what conditions would cause the Workspace to not install
  • ways to 'force' the Workspace to install

My environment:

• standalone environment - not part of a domain
  • 64 bits (8GB RAM) on Windows Server 2003 (standard edition)
  • configured as Application Server - all prerequisites installed

K2 [blackpearl] build 803 is the build I'm using, and it all installed successfully with the exception of just this one piece.

Badge +9

I have done installations on x64 which worked fine.

Here are some checkpoints I normally use.

1. Install IIS first 
  2. Install the .NET 2.0 and .NET 3.0 x64 versions (if they are not already installed)
  3. Check in the web site properties that it is set to use ASP.NET 2.0.  Sometimes for some reason, it goes blank.

Also is there any web applications running on the same IIS server in 32-bit mode? IIS x64 has a limitation where you can't mix 32-bit with 64-bit mode on the same IIS server instance. (See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894435)

Other than that, as long as you are installing with local admin rights, I don't see why it should fail unless the IIS installation is corrupted or the server is locked down.

If this still persists, I would try to see if you can log a support ticket to get a support member to review the environment.