Not applicable

How to apply a workflow to site derived from a temple in sharepoint 2013

G'day all

We have about 50 pre existing sub sites with tasks in each site. The sub sites are derived from a standard template. After about 3 months our users wanted a workflow to send a notification when a task is assigned to some one. So our Vendor has changed the Templete to do so. Now all new sites works fine and send out a notification as expected.

My question is how to assign the workflow to pre existing sites, so the one before the template contained the workflow.

thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Not applicable

Re: How to apply a workflow to site derived from a temple in sharepoint 2013

Ok so it's a List workflow, when I go to one of the new sub sites, I can see the workflow under the settings of the list. How do I export this and load it to the old sub sites lists....?

soni_tumu
Nintex Newbie

Hi,

Are you trying to export and import of a workflow from one list to another list which resides on a different sub site?

Not applicable

Hi Soni,

Yes, but this is a list workflow. I can only get to it via the list and then selecting workflow. I do not see an option to export the workflow and when I click on it to edit, it tells me I need to open it in sharepoint designer. When I do that SP designer refuses to open the workflow. I did however notice that when I go to the 'same' list in another sub site I can add a new workflow and then select from pre existing templates. So does this mean I need to deplo\publish the workflow to the site so that I can select it?

soni_tumu
Nintex Newbie

Can you try to navigate as shown below:

List tab -> Workflows settings -> Manage workflows with Nintex workflows

If you don't see Nintex options, you need to activate the Nintex workflows features from site settings.

After opening the Manage Nintex workflows, you will see your workflow, click on it and you can export it from there.

Not applicable

Hi yes, sorry I can do the above,

I then get a page with the two section below and both are empty

- Published Workflows

- Unpublished Workflows

If I go back to the list and kick on the workflow setting icon in the menu I get this screen. in blue is the workflow I need to use but don't know how to deploy it to the other sub sites.

WF settings.PNG

Not applicable

Second self fix...

So the issues was that I activated Nintex workflow on site level, and kind of expected it to be activated for the existing sub sites. Well it was not, so after activating it for the sub sites I was able to import the workflow and it all works find now.

Thanks all

0 Kudos