Multiple users in a role?

• 2 October 2009
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

The behavior I want on some activities is that multiple, say, five people, get assigned the work list item, but when any one of them completes it, it disappears from all of them.

I thought I could accomplish this by simply having a role that the activity is pointed to, then putting multiple people in the role.  This doesn't seem to work... all of them get the email saying "worklist item received," but only the first one on the list gets a worklist item... and if anyone else clicks the link in their email, they get a "No actions available for this user" web page.

Help?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

How is the destination rules setup? In this situation you should user plan per destination and create slot for each destination. This should enable the task to get to all the users and the slots per destination will allow each to action the item.

In you case it sounds like the dest is planned just once, so when one user actions the task is not available for the rest.

Vernon

Badge +4

Well, I want it to disappear for everyone when one user actions it.

However the problem is, I want any one of five people to be able to action it.  All of them are getting the email... but only one is getting it in their workspace.

I want all five to see the action item until any one of them actions it, then I want it gone.

Badge

Hi Devo6486,

I have a similar workflow requirement, I have one user and a group of people as destination users. I am using InfoPath Client Event. Here is what I did to facilitate the workflow.

1. Destination Rule (Advanced Mode), I selected "Plan just once", 

2. Destination Rule Options, I selected "Create a slot for each destination", "Resolve all roles and groups to users", "Keep roles synchronized".

3. At Configure Outcomes, I selected " At Least 1 of Action Result = Approve (whatever your action is)",  in this way, any one of the users acts on the workflow, this action item will be treated as completed and will be gone from rest of user's worklist.

I hope it helps.

Mary