Process not showing in "Process Overview" report

• 24 September 2008
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +9

I have recently deployed a new process, but have found that the process is not visible in the "Process Overview" report. This is only the second process that I have deployed, but the first one shows up there OK. There aren't any filters that have been applied to the report

I have checked the project in which I built the process, and the "Create Workflow Reporting SmartObjects" tickbox is selected in the "Smart Object Association" wizard. I did have this unchecked in development so that deploying was quicker, however I changed this when I went to production to ensure that I could report on the process.

Can anyone tell me how to get this process visible in the Process Overview report? Have I missed something?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

2 replies

Badge +8

Two things I can think of:

1. You need to give the user at least View or ViewPart Permissions (basic but it does slip through once in a while)
  2. There need to be at least 1 instance of the process running or completed. If there are no instances, the process will not show up.

As a side note, the "Reporting SmartObjects" enables one to create SmO's to be used for custom reporting, eg. using the Report Designer. By default, the out-the-box Process Overview report does not require this to be checked. You'll be able to report on a proc def (using out-the-box reports) regardless.

Badge +9

Thank you very much for taking the time to get back to me!

Point 1 was my undoing - I had just assumed that since I was the k2 administrator that I would be able to see all of the processes - I had not added myself as the admin user for this process though!

That is certainly a trap for young players, which I fell straight into!

Thanks again for your assistance - I would have been looking for ages to try and work this out!