K2 Mobile iOS Deployment Concept

• 18 February 2015
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge

Hello,

My IT organization is in the process of developing a strategy to deploy K2 Mobile for IOS to our phone envionrment.  We currently use MobileIron to secure out mobile devices.  Does anyone have any previous experience deploying K2 for mobile?  Our infrastructure administrators are relucant to expose any part of our K2 servers to the public internet and a reverse proxy seems not to work because the server receiving the requests from the mobile device must be on the windows domain in order to be able to authenticate the user from the application.  In summary, I suppose my two questions are:

1.)  Does anyone have experience using K2 Mobile for iOS with MobileIron and can we use any of the feature of mobileiron to solve our firewall issue

2.)  If we can't use mobileiron to solve our issue, what is the best practice for installing K2 Blackpearl such that phones can access the server without placing our network security at risk.

I know these are broad questions and I have searched this forum but was not able to see any specific answers to these questions.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

MB

1 reply

Badge +8

Did you get anywhere with this?

-Doug