Convert Email ID to People Picker

• 13 October 2016
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

Hello Everyone,

There is a column which is single line of text that contains Email IDs which has to be converted to people picker.

I have a created a WF for this with the below steps.

• Created a variable X (People picker). Using Set a variable action, stored the single line of text that contains Email ID.
  • Later using "Set a field value" stored the variable to a people picker field.

Workflow is throwing "The workflow could not update the item, possibly because one or more columns for the item require a different type of information." error.

Please let know where I am going wrong.

Thanks,

Shreedhar H V

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

have you checked content of 'variable X' before item update whether it contains the value you expect, ie. whether email address has been resolved to an user?

try to write it to history log and proof  check.

have a look here as well for some further hints that might help  

Badge +3

Hello Marian, 

Thanks for the quick response!

I have checked the content of variable, that is nothing but the email address. It is not resolved to an user.

Please let me know your inputs.

Thanks,

Shreedhar H V

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

if  you type in manually that mail  address into PP field in a form, does it resolve to the single user correctly?

Badge +3

Sorry for the confusion. Variable is returning null values.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

can you post configuration of set variable action and example of field content?

do you have single mail or multiple mails stored in item's field?

make sure mail address do not contain any leading or trailing spaces nor any delimiters like semicolon before you supply it into set variable action.

have you tried what I've suggested in previous post?