Return Fields Based on Form Entry

Badge +3

I have a list with the following columns:

Vendor    Type       Role         Location         Price Year 1         Price Year 2      Price Year 3

I need to have a form which I can input a price and it will search years 1,2 and 3 and return any matches with all the rest of the record.

So for instance on the form I would have a place to input a rate. If the rate was in a record in year 2 I would pull the other field values into the form.

Rate: $100.00

Vendor      Type               Role      Location         Year 1      Year 2         Year 3

IBM            Onshore         PM      New York                          $100.00

Samsung   Offshore         AVP      New Deli                           $100.00

I have been trying to do this with a list lookup but feel there may be a better way to do this.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I'm not sure I understand your requirement....

so you have a control where you type in a rate/price.

then you want to display just list items for which either Year1==price OR Year2==price OR Year3==price ?

Badge +3

Marian,

What I am trying to do is return all the matches of the rate, in this case $100 which are in the list. In the end I need to do this for just the current year. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

so you can use lookup() function.

something like

lookup("RatesList","RateColumn",RateNamedControl,"Vendor",true)

this will return all vendors that match rate entered in RateNamedControl.

if you'll need data from more fields you'll have to write such a lookup for every field.