Large Table (100,000+) with picker control

• 23 February 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I'm very confused at the moment as to how the Picker Control works. From what I can tell, it resolves by selecting ALL records from a table, then filters it down. This is very inefficient with large tables. I have a stored procedure that accepts search text and can return the results within seconds. How do I configure the picker to use this stored procedure? The stored procedure has 1 required input property named "searchText" and all of the output properties of the table we're trying to pick from.

Is there some other control I should be using if the picker control just can't handle large tables?

2 replies

What a coincidence. I have posted the same issue today. Please watch here too. These controls seems to be not flexible enough.

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Using-Picker-Control-with-Parameterized-WebService-SmartObject/m-p/95816#M30935

I hope we find an answer soon.

Badge +1

Agreed. I saw yours right after I posted. Exact same issue. Need to be able to pass in the value the user enters so that we can provide more optimized queries on the backend. I've solved this in the past by creating a view that pops up to search large datasets like this, however, that seems overkill when a control should be able to handle the complexity with ease. Plus, the view popup method is inconvenient and out dated. Too many clicks.

We have an ASP.NET autocomplete control we developed for our MVC applications which can handle well into the millions of records.

Hopefully someone will have an answer for us and we're just overlooking something simple. Thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to help.