Workflow modeling problem

• 7 August 2007
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +3

Hello,

in my workflow there is something that i dont know how to do with K2. Here is the context : I have a form, an aspx page. A group of users will fill the form and add comments in a textbox, as many times as they want (when they validate the form it goes back to the same activity and they can change the form again). But only one of those users should have the possibility to "validate the activity", that means move on to the next activity in the workflow.

Is there a way to do this without code? And if not, is there a way to do this with some code in K2 ( i'm sure it's possible, but i'm not sure how)?

I hope my description was clear. Thank you.
Regards.

4 replies

Badge +13
Where are you storing the comment to avoid collision?   You can have a route line that goes back to the same activity when a specific value is set by people allowing to enter comments only.   Either your front-end validates who the person could approve or the backend has to have some code in the server event (following client event) to check.
Badge +3

Ok, thank you.

I chose to put some code in the form so that only the user with the proper rights can see the checkbox, and i put a loop on the activity.

However, i have a weird behavior with the loop. When a user validates the form and a loop is done, it creates a new instance of the process. Is there an explanation for this? Is it because i loop on my first activity? What can i do to avoid this behavior?

Badge +13

Does it create a new instance of the process if the approver does it first (w/o going through the loop)?   (just to narrow down your bug)

The new instance of the process created started with the activity that has the loop?  If so there might be some bad code in the aspx that it created a new process.

Badge +5
I also suspect code outside of the K2 Server (aspx) as well.  If you rule that out please check that you are not experiencing this: http://k2underground.com/forums/thread/17536.aspx