Have multiple columns in dropdown from external list?

Badge +5

I have a list with 6 columns (70+ records), of which the first three are the selection criteria, and the last three are required to be returned into fields on the form.  Ideally it would be 3 cascading dropdown lists, each filtering based on the previous selection, and returning the corresponding 3 fields but I assume that would require maintaining the dropdown items within the form itself rather than the external list.

Is there a method by which multiple columns can be displayed as a dropdown from an external list, and on selection, pulls back the multi-column values from the selected row?

(yep, spot the newbie!)

Thanks,

Gerard

4 replies

Badge +5

To rephrase the question - is it possible to do a List lookup criteria for more than one field? The recent O365 Cascading Dropdown example by Emily (Nintex For Office 365​ ) only has 'Field in the source list' to filter on which implies only one field can be filtered.   Extending Emily's example: by Country, then by Store, then by Department.

Badge +9

Hi Gerard,

Is this the solution?

Three-Tier Cascading Drop Downs: Do Go Chasing Waterfalls!

Maybe, you have already used it since ;-)

Regards,

Christophe

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Does Christophe's suggestion of the three-tier example help?

Badge +5

Christopher's solution is close and similar to what I've used, but still doesn't solve the original issue of displaying and returning multiple fields.  I suspect it would be necessary to have the Cascading Dropdown, then somehow use calculated fields to retrieve the other values from the same list to populate the other fields.