Mark all controls/entire form read only dynamically?

• 10 September 2014
  • 13 replies

Badge +3

Hi,

Is it possible to mark all controls read only dependant on the value of a particular control/field? Rather than have to add a rule to every single control (I have a lot! )

Thanks

Stef

13 replies

Badge +3

If all the controls you are using have the same rule, it may save you some time to put them all into a panel, and attach the formatting rule to disable the panel (instead of individual controls).

Badge +3

Is there an answer to this question?

Badge +3

I do exactly the same thing for several forms I have developed.  I've found that it's easier to work with a panel as opposed to trying to update several controls at one time.

Badge +3

I've tried this and I'm sort of stuck sad.png I have 2 questions 1) how do you add a control to a panel & 2) what is the syntax of the rule? I added a rule to a control and merely suceeded in hiding the whole form (not just the control with the rule)

Badge +3

Sorted happy.png

Badge +3

Aggghh! stupid editor deleted 95% of my reply  sad.png

Badge +3

I’ll try again sad.png I’ve sorted the rule syntax but still don’t
know how to add controls to a panel sad.png  As there are only a few fields I’ve added to
rule to all of them. Unfortunately the rule only works if the control is
visible, ideally I’d like to hide the control but if I do the rule stops
working sad.png

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Robert,

It might be easier to start another thread with your form specific questions.  The only reason I say that is because I think people aren't noticing these later questions at the end of the thread and it'll get you more attention to your specific problem.   To add controls to a panel, you simply drag and drop the panel onto the form (from the controls menu) and then you drag and drop controls over the panel and put them inside of it.

Badge +3

To add to what mike's comment, after you have added the panel and moved the controls into the panel, you will want to remove the rules in your  individual controls and as them to the panel.

SeeShow or hide controls with Rules in Nintex Forms  for some general concept of using rules in a panel.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

If you want to mark all the controls as "read-only" you could use the Disable option on the rules panel.  As stated before, you can apply 1 rule to all controls on the form.  

Badge +3

Thanks everyone for your help  happy.png

Badge +3

What is the rule to be added to make the entire form read only?

Badge +3

What is the rule to be added to make the form read only once it is submitted?