checkout error on workflow

• 29 December 2015
  • 6 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +8

Good day,

I am getting an error on a workflow:

I have added in a check out action, but it still fails with the same error on the copy item. Versioning and checking/out are turned on on the document library.  Here is the workflow:

Any suggestions are appreciated it,

Thanks,

Jennifer

6 replies

Badge +11

Hello Jennifer Wiskemann,

If your Set Field Value action is updating the field on the same document, then you need move that after the Check Out action. You would first check out the document, update field, commit pending changes and check it in. See if that helps.

Badge +8

Thanks for the reply; I tried that and I am still getting the same error.

Still fails on the copy item action.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Badge +7

Hi Jennifer,

I think this is due to the settings on the target library. Does it have check out required? If you can switch this off then the workflow should copy the item across.

Jan

Badge +7

Hi Jennifer,

I've now got this to work by using the author.dll, I've pasted a screenshot below. This copies regardless of the target library settings.

161973_pastedImage_1.png

The method syntax, you'll obviously need to change this for your implementation, is "method=move+document:14.0.2.5420&service_name=/&oldUrl=DocLibrary/Test.docx&newUrl=Shared%20Documents/Test.docx&url_list=[]&rename_option=findbacklinks&put_option=overwrite,migrationsemantics&docopy=true".

Hope that helps.

Jan

Badge +5

Jennifer, even with versioning and checkout turned on for the target library, you should be able to copy the item without checking it out first. In fact you can't checkout the item before it's copied anyway.

Try using the Copy to SharePoint action instead of the Copy Item action - it has more options and better error handling.

Good luck,

Gerard

Badge +8

I got it working by turning off checkin/checkout on the destination library.  Thanks for all the suggestions!