Possible Bug on Creating Sharepoint 2013 Choice Forms if the First SmartObject does not exist.

• 18 November 2015
  • 0 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +10

Ok so here is what I found... try to build a simple form in Sharepoint 2013.  Basically capture Vendor Requests.

However, since is a quick prototype decided to use Sharepoint List to store the information, so quickly create the List, add the columns, yes some columns are Choice, include some other with Date Fields etc.

Once the list was created run the K2 Create app from the ribbon and AutoMagically like K2 all the forms appear within the site, the problem was oh surprise when trying to run new entry appear a nasty error in the Form.

The remote server returned and error: (400) Bad Request.Failed to initialize the Context: URL:.... 

12251iD57140682C11E7EB.jpg

Now a new Smart Object appear which is the Choice Option. And I'm assuming what happen if the List is created at first, since the main smartobject has not been created perhaps the execution and creation of the other columns can't find the reference linking the elements of the Smart Object directly to the main SmartObject of the List. causing the error.

So what I learn here... is if creating a K2 Form for a Custom list from scratch:

1) Create the List

2) Create the K2 App

3) Add the extra required Fields

3b) Depending of the requirements perhaps is better to let K2 manage the SmartObjects of the Dropdowns/Choices

4) Sync your K2 App with all the extra fields

If you like to confirm reproduce the Error:

1) Create Custom List

2) Add columns including choice options

3) Create the K2 App. => Will return the Error.

Surely K2 is a fantastic tool and I think is only get better, in a perfect world I would really like the option to design a form with the Designer, perhaps start with a Custom List and only the Title, then within the View start adding the fields and when the form looks right, have the ability to publish and let K2 create the columns within Sharepoint. I believe this option exists within K2 Studio, but I have not had time to play much with it. but surely will be a super nice to have feature.

Hope you guys enjoy the post and beware of those Computer BUGS !!!.

Dino.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!