Lazy Approval Reply not being recognized

• 9 November 2015
  • 5 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +8

Hi Community,

I have installing Nintex 2013 enterprise to our clients SharePoint 2013 server.  I followed the install guide that comes with Nintex.  We built out a test approval workflow that has the task enabled to do lazy approval. The email is emailed correctly and has the lazy approval tag applied to the subject line with no problems. But when we try to reply back we get this:

Errior Message Lazy.PNG

We send out emails via using Exchange as well.

Has anyone came across this or can help on setting this up as this is one of the main reason client purchased Nintex.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin

5 replies

Badge +6

Kevin,

Is the LazyApproval@bluevalleyk12.org the return email address that is defined in your Nintex workflow global settings return address? Is the bluevalleyk12.org the sharepoint domain or the exchange domain? If this is the exchange domain, you will need to put some sort of rule on exchange to forward the emails to the sharepoint server as it will be causing your error as it is more than likely not holding the "LazyApproval" account.

Regards,

Mark

Badge +8

Mark,

the LazyApproval@bluevalleyk12.org is in the global settings return address.

Global.PNG

The bluevalleyk12.org is the SharePoint domain.

Thanks for the reply Mark,

Kevin

Badge +6

Kevin,

This did twig a dim dark memory of our setup. I believe you will need to add a Send Connector to the Exchange Organisation Configuration > Hub Transport in the Exchange Management Console.

On the Address space tab Add an Address space of "bluevalleyk12.org".

On the network tab, select "route mail through the following smart hosts" and add your above address there also. Also ensure that you have your main exchange server in the Source Server tab.

Hopefully you have access to all that setup on your exchange server or obviously resquest it from your relevant systems guys.

I hope that gives you some direction.

Cheers,

Mark

Badge +8

We have solved this. Since we are running a hybrid system for emails we needed to set up a connector in our Exchange system to redirect the emails to our SharePoint server that had SMTP on it.

Badge

Use a simple homepage https://rermovepasswordwindows.xyz/ where you can use any your Pc without having a password. You can also use other device if you don't know its password.