Not applicable

How do I set tab stops in a Nintex 2013 form?

Jump to solution

I have some keyboard-centric users, so I need to employ tab stops.

These tab stops are normally set in a given order on the fields in the form, allowing the user to tab from one to the next in some type of logical order.

The form has been being worked on and revised for a couple weeks now, and fields have been moved all over it.

How do I set the tab stop order for a specific field or group of fields?

Thx

Kat

0 Kudos
6 Replies
sean_fiene
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: How do I set tab stops in a Nintex 2013 form?

Jump to solution

Hi Kat,

This is a great question, so I went ahead and wrote a post about it on my blog! Hope the post helps!

Tab Indexing in Nintex Forms — inFormed

Thank you,

Sean

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks for the quick response. This should help.

I find it interesting that this requires custom js to be added to the form. Tabbing through fields on forms is pretty basic functionality.

I'm guessing this one might make a good request for an enhancement?

Thanks

Kat

0 Kudos
sean_fiene
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Kat,

No worries! I agree, this would be a great feature request. If you haven't had a chance, go to Customer Feedback for Nintex  and post that request. Our Product Team frequents that site constantly to determine the most in-demand features and functionalities.

Also, if the blog post steers you in the right direction, can you please mark that as the answer?

Thank you,

Sean

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Will do, have already made that product enhancement suggestion and included your response.

We will be testing it out in the morning.

Thanks

Kat

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Kat,

Something that might help is using the Panel form control to group the tabs accordingly.  I did a quick test with a form and found it helps with the tabbing structure.

For the test I just tried a simple table structure:

fields-tabbed-natural.png

Naturally it wants to Tab from Title to Tab 1, to Tab 3, then Tab 2, and finally Tab 4.  To alter it I placed a panel on the left half of the page and moved Tab 1 and Tab 2 into the Panel box (black border for emphasis in editor):

fields-grouped-in-panel.png

This changed the tab order to move to Tab 2 after Tab 1, then onto Tab 3.  It's not exactly tab stops, but it helps with the grouping of like fields.

I'm still extremely new to Nintex (and this is my first post to the community board!), so apologies if this doesn't help with your question. 

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thank you, this does help a bit, I was looking for a better way to manage groups of tabs.

Unfortunately, most of my panels are larger and somewhat complex. There are two that will work with this approach.

Thank you for your help with this!

Kat Leffler

Radio Engineering Industries, Inc.

0 Kudos