MillaZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How do I seek approval from repeating approvers field in Nintex form 2016 and Sharepoint 2016 on

Hi @llyehock 
Does anything happen when you click on the Thumb on the Kudo button?

Kudo.jpg

Garrett
Communicator

Re: How do I seek approval from repeating approvers field in Nintex form 2016 and Sharepoint 2016 on

Hi @llyehock 

1. FYI, that's not me that you are referring to... 

Garrett_0-1654858084302.png

2. Click the orange hand icon in any of my replies that was relevant and helpful to you.

Garrett_1-1654857461309.png

3. For the XPath Query, read Part 1 of the article - Part 1: Work with repeating section data from Shar... - Nintex Community.  That should give you some guidance.

4. If you are still stuck, perhaps you could share the full XML field and what you are using for the XPath Query?

llyehock
Scholar

I like to find out the easiest way to populate the risk matrix in MS word format from a repeating groups within Nintex form as shown below

20220617_153129.jpg

Into this format

Screenshot_20220617-152609_Drive.jpg

0 Kudos
llyehock
Scholar

Hi,

strange that I get access denied error when i tried to read up on part 2?

llyehock_0-1656664845828.png

0 Kudos
llyehock
Scholar

Hi all,

when I tried to fill up the Query XML Action within my workflow I was not able to see the xml tree structure within the XPath builder, wonder where have I gone wrong?

The XML source = XML,

The XML, I have inserted the multi line of text as the source field

it does not show the tree structure instead it shows htmlit does not show the tree structure instead it shows html 

0 Kudos
Garrett
Communicator

Hi @llyehock 

You can access the links here for Part 1  and Part 2  

Garrett
Communicator

The XML appears in your SharePoint List.

On your Classic Form, your Repeating Section should connect to a multi-line text SP column. 

On your SP List, show the SP column.

After you submit a new form, there should be data in the SP column

0 Kudos
llyehock
Scholar

We need to copy the xml and paste to the xml box before the xpath builder button shows the xml nodes.
0 Kudos
Garrett
Communicator

Hi

@llyehock 

Look for the tags <RepeaterData><Items><Item><guid>  (New Responsive form)

Look for the tags <RepeaterData><Items><Item><Name> 
The Guid is the unique identifier of your repeating section controls. You need to know which control value that you want to extract. I believe your SP and Form will refer to NAME and not GUID

I suggest you key in some specific keywords into the desired control, then view the XML to identify the exact guid which contains your keywords.

Without looking at the form and not knowing which field that you need to extract, it’s difficult to provide you with the XPath Query

Refer to this https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-for-Office-365-Forum/Query-XML-An-exception-occurred-while-pr...