Not applicable

How do I remove unwanted characters from the subject line?

Jump to solution

I'm getting strange unwanted characters generated in my subject line after an email is submitted. At the end of all incoming subject lines I get  [#DDDHFCUFCBGC#]. There are no references in the subject line so I'm not sure how these are even being generated. Anyone else had this same issue?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
andrewg
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: How do I remove unwanted characters from the subject line?

Jump to solution

This is generated by the Awesome feature called lazy approval on tasks.

The LazyApproval feature of Nintex Workflow enables approvals or rejections of an item to be registered when the approver replies to the notification email or respond to the automated OCS or Lync conversation with a permitted word or phrase. That word or phrase is recognized and interpreted by the system and applied to the item in the workflow.

The LazyApproval feature is only available with the Request Approval, Request Data, Request Review and Assign Flexi Task workflow actions.

You can turn this off in a few ways, but on the tasks notification view, uncheck the box for Allow Lazy Approval.

At least that is what I recognize as that code, let me know if it helps.

View solution in original post

Not applicable

Re: How do I remove unwanted characters from the subject line?

Jump to solution

Yep sure enough that was it.

Well isn't that just fabulous. I don't want to bag on Nintex as this is a forum for it, but the more I work with it the more I hate it. Well SharePoint in general. While there are some really neat features it's pretty clunky. As per this error here.

Thanks so much Andrew. That was driving me nuts.

0 Kudos