Not applicable

How do I create a nintex workflow with warnings (through the mail).

How do I create a nintex workflow with warnings (through the mail). For example, I have a record where a particular person xy on a specific date has to be examined. I want to receive a warning e-mail, for example, 60 days before or 30 days prior to the specified date. Please Help. Thank you. Davor

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jun
Nintex Newbie

Re: How do I create a nintex workflow with warnings (through the mail).

If I understood your question right, you could achieve this by using the "pause until" action.

You can use that specific date and minus 30 or 60 days to workout the date that alerts need to be sent out. Save this date to a workflow variable. Then put that variable into the "Pause until" action. The workflow will then generate an email on that day.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

From design and architecture perspective it is not recommended to let a workflow wait for such a long time. In this case it is better to use a site workflow. This site workflow contains a Query List action that queries your list with the filters Examination Date -60 or Examination Date -30. Then send a notification email for every item returned. Schedule the site workflow to run every day.

0 Kudos
burkslm
Nintex Newbie

I agree with Jordy. Personally I like to stay away from Pause actions altogether. I also recommend Jordy's solution.

0 Kudos
jun
Nintex Newbie

Thanks, Jordy and burkslm, I didn't know that Pause actions are bad.

0 Kudos
praios81
Ribbon Ruler

I wouldn't say pause actions are bad. They are a compact way to model breaks or waiting periods in a process in an in-place fashion and thus help to decrease the amount of workflows needed, making it easier to keep an overlook over your workflow landscape.

However waiting actions shouldn't exceed periods longer than a day or two because external problems could influence the health of your workflow and make it unable to recover when the waiting period is over. Therefore a daily scheduled workflow is just a bit more reliable.

0 Kudos