Not applicable

How do I control where I send the user after they complete a form? Currently, it just drops them into the List View.

Jump to solution

How do I control where I send the user after they complete a form? Currently, it just drops them into the List View.

5 Replies
eharris04
Collaborator

Re: How do I control where I send the user after they complete a form? Currently, it just drops them into the List View.

Jump to solution

Alan,

I don't normally just quote off another post, but in this case I'll make an exception.  I've seen this question at least 15 times in the community and here are a few answers for you:

Redirect URL when user clicks Cancel Button

https://community.nintex.com/message/34157#comment-34157 

Form

1. Expand the custom JavaScript section in form settings.
  2. We did something really simple and added the following:  function doRedirect(){history.go(-1);}

Form Settings.pngCancel Button

1. For the cancel button behavior, we changed the default button action from Cancel to JavaScript.
  2. In the control settings window for the cancel button we expanded the Advanced section and added the following the Client Click field:  doRedirect();
  3. We saved changes and that did the trick for us.

Control Settings.png

It's really simply but it let us return the user to the screen previous without worrying where the form link was referenced.  Not sure if there's a better or different way, but I'm sure you can get pretty creative here depending on your requirements.

patrickabel
Apprentice

Re: How do I control where I send the user after they complete a form? Currently, it just drops them into the List View.

Jump to solution

Good call Eric Harrisfunction doRedirect(){history.go(-1);} is a great snippet to have in your back pocket. More often than not, this seems to be the behavior users want when canceling a form submission.

0 Kudos
inimri
Novice

Jump to solution

Hello Alan,

have you tried the Redirect URL inside the form settings?

open the form designer > click on settings icon > Advanced > in Redirect URL field, type URL that you want to redirect the user to > save then publish.

let me know how it goes for you

thank you

Ibrahim

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thank you for all the info. It works great!

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Glad things are working out here. If you have a solution, Alan Maier​, please click the "correct answer," as it's helpful for other people in the community who search for answers to similar questions.

Thanks!