Passing Form Data from State to State in a Workflow

Badge +2

Hi all,

I have been struggling with an issue for the past two weeks. I cannot get the date from the base state of the from to be populate the field in subsequent states in an approval workflow. Often times, when the user opens the worklist item, the form is blank. There are occasions where one of the states will have data, bit not the others. Then I can run the workflow again, and the state that had data the last time, will not have data this time. It should be noted that I have created data fields in the workflow and have mapped this data. I am frustrated because I cannot find a tutorial on how to solve this issue. Does anyone hear have any ideas, or at least know where I can find a turorial? Thanks.

2 replies

Badge +9

What kind of data fields did you create? Process Data Fields or Activity Data Fields?

Badge +2

Process fields. These pull the values from the form itself. Approvers need to be able to view the completed form, as well as make necessary revisions, so a simple PDF of the form will not work. It must be the filled out form, but still allow for the approvers to interact with it if necessary.