K2 Designer server error

Badge +4

Do you have any idea about what could be happenning?

I'm getting this error when running the K2 Designer.

K2 Workspace and K2 studio are running perfectly fine.

Thank you.

12734i4F8C91C6BCD28BFD.png

6 replies

Badge +10

Check to make sure the K2 Smartforms license is valid and hasn't expired.  You can check in the K2 Workspace/Management/License Management/Licensing

Badge +4

I've checked and this is why I have on Licensing.

It doesn't show the status, should I assumed is still fine?

15398iD374ADDA32B274F9.png
Badge +10

Just so happens I have an POC with a temporary license key for Smartforms that expired and its giving me the exact same message as you.  However, in licensing it shows that the license type is Evaluation not Development which I don't believe expires.  Maybe restart the k2 Service in case the key was inputted and the service not restarted. 

Badge +4

I just re-run the Smartforms Setup Manager and my System Key is diferent from the one I see in the K2  Workspace.

Yesterday, the IT support from my company re-size my C: drive (to have more space) that is the only reason I could think of.

Badge +4

Thank youuuuu Tim!

You were right, the license was invalid.

I did re-run the setup manager to "Update the K2 Smartforms license"  and my System Key was differente, I requested a new one ... and re-run the same wizard to udpate it, and now my K2 Smartforms is working fine :)

Thank you.

Badge +10

Great.  Glad you're up and running again.

I think your suspicions about the drive being resized causing a new System Key is probably correct although its surprising that the K2 blackpearl license key wasn't invalidated as well.