People picker fields not working correctly

Badge +3

Any idea why people-picker fields would stop working on forms that have not been touched?

People-picker fields are not working properly on a number of Nintex forms. The behavior is as follows:

If there is more than one people picker filed on a form, the drop down list from a given field is blocked by the ones below it (see attachment for an illustration).  This is happening on more than one form.  On one form, a people picker filed is not working at all (drop-down never appears).

None of the forms that are misbehaving have been changed recently. Deleting and replacing the field does not correct the problem.  Nor does restoring the last known good version of the form.

13 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

what forms version are you on?

have you made an upgrade recently?

this seems to be very similar to a bug that appeared in on of recent version, but should have been already fixed.

see these

Nintex Forms Drop-Down Bug? 

Badge +3

The last upgrade that I am aware of was in January of this year. We are currently running the following version.

Thanks,

Ron Pillsbury

Business Systems Analyst

Goodwill Industries of Northwest NC

2701 University Parkway, Winston-Salem NC 27105

T| 336.724.3625 x1333 C| 336.749.8009

rpillsbury@goodwillnwnc.org<mailto:rpillsbury@goodwillnwnc.org>

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I do not exactly know which was the first release that experienced that problem, but I'm quite sure it was 2.9.something.

you will likely need to upgrade.

Badge +3

OK. Seems odd that our last update was in January and it seemed to work fine for quite a while after that. I am not exactly sure when this problem began, but I’m quite sure that it was quite recently. But I guess it’s a moot point if we need to upgrade anyway and that does, in fact, fix the problem.

So, I have two questions.

1. What is the process for downloading and installing the latest release?

2. How should we be notified that new releases are available for installation? This is not the first time we have been out of date on our current installed version. I don’t recall ever receiving a notification that a new version was available.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks,

Ron Pillsbury

Business Systems Analyst

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

you should be able to download new releases somewhere on customer portal

Nintex Support Customer Service Portal 

you're very right about nintex release policy.

new releases are published very frequently and nintex is not willing to provide any schedule or roadmap.

as far as I know, the most reliable way is to follow respective release notes threads on this forum - https://community.nintex.com/search.jspa?q=%22release%20notes%22 

Badge +3

Thank you. We will download the latest versions. Can you be more specific about how to find and download the latest versions from the Customer Service Portal? Instructions would be helpful. A link to the downloads would be even better.

Thanks,

Ron Pillsbury

Business Systems Analyst

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

once you will log in there I'm sure you will immediatelly spot 'Product downloads' tab happy.png

or see documentation from link I posted above

Badge +3

Marian, We installed the latest version of Nintex forms last night and it did resolve the problem. Thanks for your help – you may close this ticket now.

But I am still concerned about how to stay current going forward. I just want to confirm your direction on that.

· You said that customers are not notified about new releases, right?

· There are no quarterly or semi-annual maintenance releases?

· Your recommendation is to check the customer portal for release notes and download new versions, as we as we see fit?

Thanks,

Ron Pillsbury

Business Systems Analyst

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

glad you resolved it.

I'm not NINTEX support/representative - just an another user, and this is just discussion forum, not official support platform.

you've risen question, you should select and mark correct answer.

·         You said that customers are not notified about new releases, right?

I'm not sure maybe they are, but I'm not aware of that.

·         There are no quarterly or semi-annual maintenance releases?

from my experience, new releases are published irregularly and quite often. afaik, there is not official schedule/roadmap

Badge +3

OK, thanks. I had also opened a ticket with Nintex Support. I will contact them to close the ticket and to answer my other questions. Thanks for your help!

Thanks,

Ron Pillsbury

Business Systems Analyst

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Either way, select and mark correct  answer in this thread. it makes easier to find solution for others with similar problem.

Badge +3

Couldn’t find where to mark as correct answer.

Thanks,

Ron Pillsbury

Business Systems Analyst

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

next to each post header in the thread you should see 'Mark correct'  button.

so, press it for the post that answered your question.

205207_pastedImage_1.png