Workflow Item doesnt appear in the Worklist

• 12 January 2005
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge
Ive created a basic worklfow where I have selected the destintaion user at design time. I then use the same destintaion user to start the process and subsequently expect to find a new worklist item in my workspace, but there is nothing there. I can search for the new process and confirm that it has been created and I can also see that the destintaion field is set as the same user that I am currently logged in as.

No view filters on the workspace have been set and the process hasnt errored. Im sure its a straightforward issue so please put me out of my Misery.

Thanks
Andrew

3 replies

Badge +8
Did you remember to add an event item (e.g. Web Page URL) on the client event when designing the process?
Badge +1
BTW, What is this Event Item? What is its purpose.
If at all I decide to give a Web Page Url, which web page url shud i give?
Badge +8
BTW, What is this Event Item? What is its purpose.

The event item is effectively which page the user should be directed to when they click on the item in their worklist. Typically, this would be a K2.net smartform or an ASPX page with code to open and update/finish the worklist item.

If there is no item on a client event, no item will be added to the client's worklist since there is no link for the client to click on.