Not applicable

How can I call a form from another form?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm quite new to Nintex form. I'm having a startup form as shown below. Based on the different combinations, i want to call different forms. For instance, Complaint and Internal should call Form 2, Incident and External should call Form 3 etc...

Form 1.JPG

Any idea how it can be done?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
andrewg
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: How can I call a form from another form?

Jump to solution

I imagine each Form is the Create New form of a different list. So it appears there are 4 lists correct (Complaint, Incident, Internal, external)?

Or are they 4 content types to the same list?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Andrew,

Its 4 content types of the same list.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

You could create a different form for each content type in the list and switch between forms by using the "Change Content Type" control.

For the default item form, create a splash screen as shown with the Change Content Type control, although this control is rendered as a dropdown with no possibility to choose radio buttons instead.

When users create a new item, the default item form is loaded. Users select the form type and the specific form for the content type is loaded.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks Carin. Any idea how i can launch a second form after having clicked on 'Save and Submit' on the first form?.

0 Kudos
andrewg
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

In Form Settings under Advanced there is a Redirect URL property to redirect to a specified URL after successful submissions. Maybe that could help? Just put the URL to the form of your choice.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
ignasitt
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi, I also have several content types in a single list, and I want to be able to change the CT from an initial form.

I tried the method you recommended, but it seems the "Change Content Type" control is not showing up in "New" forms. I only can see it when I "edit" the form. It has no sense, my customer want to select the form from the beginning, not after submit the form.

Do you know if its possible to show the  "Change Content Type" from a "New" Nintex form?

I'll really appreciate it!

Kind regards.

0 Kudos
andrewg
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Could it be that the control Change Content Type isn't on the form for the content type you are showing on New, this may be the default content type form.

0 Kudos
ignasitt
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi,

No, the control is already on the default content type. It simply doesn't work on "New" forms. Only is working in "Edit" forms.

It has completely no sense for me, useless.

0 Kudos