Activity lines/start rule query

• 16 March 2011
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello!

I'm quite new to K2 Blackpearl and would appreciate any help!

We have 2 activities with lines (not outcome lines) to a third activity. We want to fire the third activity when EITHER of the other two activities complete.

We can't find a line rule, start rule or option to set this, so I wondered if anyone knew how to do this!

Thanks,

Helen

3 replies

Badge +4

It sounds like you want to start activity 3 when either activity 1 or 2 completes, but not when both complete (IE, if activity 1 completes, you want to go to activity 3, but if activity 2 completes later, you don't want another activity 3 to start).

If this is what you want, you'll need to do something to make sure the workflow has knowledge that activity 3 has already been instantiated at least once.  You can do this a number of ways, but a simple, quick fix would be to make the first event in activity 3 be a data event that sets a flag indicating activity 3 has now been run once.  In the line rules from activity 1 and 2, make sure they evaluate to false if that flag is set to true.  That way once activity 3 has been executed, even if activity 2 or 1 completes again, the lines won't be followed to activity 3.

Badge +1

Thanks for your help, that makes sense and seems pretty straight forward.

Helen

Badge +2

Hello

I wanna ask regarding this issue also.

My activity (Create request) has two actions ; submit and draft. I want it to send email notification  if only the user click submit and not draft.

I put mailEvent in the Create request activity. it seems send email notification for both submit and draft actions.

how can i set the rule?