Overide Chain of Management Approval

Badge +4

Hi all,

I have a successful travel request list with the attached chain of management approval workflow and works extremely well, however when a manager goes on vacation the approval process is held up until they return.

Is it possible to keep this workflow and modify it in some way so another manager who is not on vacation can be selected?

I have altered the domain name in case anyone picks up on this point, feel free to use it, you will need to put your own domain name in.

Thanks for looking.

Regards

John

4 replies

Badge +16

Hi

I have not had a look at the workflow yet but a couple of things occur.

• The manager's are able to set up delegation for a period of time for a specific site or the entire farm before they go on leave which will automatically delegate any tasks assigned during that period to the specified person:

Delegation.PNG

• The site owner of the site can access the workflow task assigned to the manager on leave and delegate on their behalf to someone else?

Thanks

Cassy

Badge +4

Thanks Cassy

In reply:

A1. Most of the managers forget to do this and the initiator does not realise the manager is away until the approval process is delayed.

A2. I have attempted to access the workflow and I get the message at the top of the Approval page: ‘You are not authorised to approve this workflow’.

Thanks for looking

John

Badge +16

A1 - you could always have automatic delegation on the flexi task after a certain number of days delay?

A2 - are you site owner full control?  if so, you should still see the link to delegate the task even if it's greyed out for you to respond to it:

DelegateTask.PNG

Badge +4

Cassy

I have gone with the delegation idea, many thanks for your assistance and pointing me in the right direction.

Best regards

John