Hiding drop down values

Hello, I'm a beginner so bear with me! 

I have a drop down field with 4 values for pick from (A, B, C, D). But in my form, I only want to display A and B to the user. C and D can only be picked by the admin directly in the Sharepoint list. 

Is this possible in a responsive type form? 

Another quick question. Is it possible to display 2 different forms, based on the role of the user connected? 

Thanks. 

6 replies

Hello @sturberg 

In my opinion, what I would do to achieve the outcome you want is to create two drop down lists. The first dropdown list would contain only the values required for the user, while the other drop down list would not be visible, then when the admin is using the form the drop down list applicable to them would be visible with the values pertaining to them while the previous dropdown list would not be visible.

Hello @VasanNaick,

that wouldn't work, because we have 14 fields in this case. I cannot have 28 fields to handle that. 

Plus the idea is that the user is selecting a value, then the admin is confirming or not. 

Badge +12

@sturberg ...try below steps:

1. Add your admins into Admin's SharePoint group

2. Now you apply validation rule on your control using If statement. If the current user is not a member of Admin SP group and if the value from the dropdown selected is for admin then display the validation message.

And where do I enter this validation rule? I don't have a field for that. Under the validation section for this field, I only have a dropdown list. Thanks.
Badge +12

@sturberg you need to select the control on which you need to apply the validation and then click on create rule from the ribbon and then select validation and not formatting from the dropdown (right side there will be a rule configuration window)

Looks like a nice workaround, but I don't know how to write that.