Not applicable

Re: Hiding Add New Item for lists in Nintex form

Hey Andrew,

It's difficult to explain because all the users belong to different groups. If I disable their permission, they will not be able to edit the task form, which should be the case. So the permission solution would not be applicable for this instance.

But thank you for your response.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hello Eric,

As I've said to Andrew, the permission solution will not be applicable for this instance as the users belong to different groups and disabling the permission for a certain group will disable them from entirely editing the task form, which some of them, are tasked to do.

However, thank you for your response. I understood the logic behind your solution, unfortunately, it cannot work for me.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hello Nidish,

Thank you for the simple yet effective solution, it works wonders!
However, if you do find a solution to remove the + Add New Item function, please do share.

And again, thank you for the solution!

0 Kudos
thunderstorm654

Hi, I tried this solution, but I have a slightly different scenario. My list view is of a document library. The users still need to be able to open the docs (i.e. view them), but not allowed to add in certain conditions - at least not via the form. I really need to just get rid of the 'Add item', as if I make it disabled, they can't open the docs at all!

Is there not a way around this? It seems to me it's just a list view, why can't we get the standard options you get such as full toolbar/summary/none

Any ideas anyone? Quite a big problem for client requirements.

I thought about somehow hiding the 'add item' in jQuery by hiding its class, but got confused as to how I could do it conditionally. I need it to not display when a field = XYZ. However, the way the controls display in display form etc is different, so quite complicated to figure this out and get the right value for the condition.

many thanks!

0 Kudos
eharris04
Collaborator

If you are using the List View control, try resizing the control and disabling resize on runtime.  That will fix the height and width.  While its not ideal it can hide that aspect of the list view.

0 Kudos
Ness-Larsen
Scholar

Hi everyone,

I actually came up with a solution (solution or workaround - same thing in SharePoint right?), and then some, for this issue.

When you add a list view control onto a Nintex Form, you can specify the view of the child list that you want to display in the control.

Go to that view in your child list.

Edit the page, then edit the web part.

In the web part settings, set the toolbar type to no toolbar

web-part-toolbar-type.png

Save the web part and page, and you'll notice that the list view itself does not have the 'add new item' link in it.

Go back and preview your Nintex Form that uses the list view control - presto! The add new item link is gone.

list-control-no-add-new.png

In my solution I also added a button that does essentially the same thing but creates a link to the parent form in the child form, opens the new item form in a popup and also opens the items displayed in the list in a popup (a limitation that Forms has atm - you can't open the child items in a popup using the ootb title column link, you have to use JS to do that). All these used JavaScript though, so a bit complex and lengthy to put here.

@

Hopefully that is of some help

Vanessa.

jonabb
Novice

I got around this problem by adding some jquery to the custom JavaScript field in the form settings

NWF$("#idHomePageNewItem").hide();

//this hides the text 'add new item'
NWF$(".ms-addnew").hide();

//this hides the '+' sign

hope this helps

teddy0bear
Novice

I like this option but it will also affect the default add attachment area

0 Kudos
nintexbadger
Novice

I surfed through some of the comments and I'm not sure why nobody has mentioned this yet but just add some custom css like so:

No javascript, no rules necessary and left my attachment control alone.

Works like a champ.

nps9
Novice

Great way to remove the add new item link when using the list view in the parent form when you don't want user's to add items to the child list. This worked better than disabling the list control in my case. Thanks Vanessa!

0 Kudos