SimonMuntz
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Hide rule not working in another panel

Jump to solution

Hi,

Currently the rule type is set to Formatting.

Change it to Validation.

Validate.png

0 Kudos
Jack2019
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Simon, thanks. Changed from Formatting to Validation. It makes the form not saving in SharePoint list, but still allows submission ( not show error to block " Submit"). Is that possible to block submission if the required field not filled?

0 Kudos
Jack2019
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

My Submit button is set to submitRedirect() to a page with " Your request has been submitted " ( this is also client's requirement, see attached picture). So the message in rule is not showing, when click " Submit", it go to page " Your request has been submitted " no matter whether or not the required field be filled. Is there a way to change it and show error message if the required field not be filled.

0 Kudos
Jack2019
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

One more question. After slection " System Access" panel in Request Type, if select Type of Request " New" or " Change", then " Start Date", "End Date" , " Name" , " Level" are required fields ( attached pictures), but these fields are not required if " Remove" is selected. How to do this requirements? I applied validation rule below, but not working.

and(and(equals(ReferralCategory, "System Access"), not(contains(RequestType, "Remove")),isNullOrEmpty({Self}))

0 Kudos
SimonMuntz
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution
The screen shot is showing the button configuration.
TYou have causes validation set to "No" what happens if you set it to yes?
0 Kudos
Jack2019
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I did set Cause Validation in Submit button to " Yes", no different. Still go to page " Your submission has been submitted", no save in sharepoint list ( i.e. it does not submitted).

0 Kudos
Jack2019
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Simon, any idea on the other validation rule ( not working) ? Thanks

and(and(equals(ReferralCategory, "System Access"), not(contains(RequestType, "Remove")),isNullOrEmpty({Self}))

0 Kudos
SimonMuntz
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution
Hi,
I see a couple of things wrong with the rule.
Firstly there is one more opening parentheses than there is closing (6 to 5). They should come in pairs.
Secondly you cannot nest a not() runtime function in a Nintex Form rule.
It is designed to reverse the outcome of the whole rule and can only be blaced at the start of the rule and surround the whole rule.
0 Kudos
Jack2019
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Thanks, Simon. I modified it to 

and(and(equals(ReferralCategory,"System Access"),equals(RequestType,"New"),isNullOrEmpty({Self}))

It works for selecting " New", but not for selecting " Remove", the required fields for " New" are still required for " Remove"  ( 4 fields will be hided if selecting " Remove")

View solution in original post

0 Kudos