Hide/remove columns from default task form

• 8 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Hello,

When you add a column to a list, that column automatically shows on the default task form (flexi task action) unless you use a custom form which is something I don't want.

My question: is there a way to prevent columns from showing in the default form? 

For background I have a repeating section in my form that shows as XML in the sharepoint column associated to the form that I transform into HTML and then add the string to another column.

So currently both columns show in the task form and I only want the second one to show.

Thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hey @Sylvain 

Not sure if this is what you mean by "custom form", but you can add or remove any of the List Item Properties from the Nintex Task Form. That section is read-only, but can be adjusted by click on the "Edit Task Form" in the Flexi task action ribbon.

If you are using the OOTB SharePoint task form, whatever data is in the list would show.

Hope this helps!

Badge +3
Hi,
Thank you for the proposed solution but this what I'm trying to avoid i.e. modifiy the task form for all flexi tasks in the workflow (I have 10 in one workflow in one, and 10 in another, so 20 changes to do). In addition my understanding is that if you change the Task form it will become "custom" and new columns would no longer be added automatically. Is this correct ?
Badge +3
On a second thought, if I could very easily re-use the new item form as template that would be a solution.
Badge +5

IIRC can’t you just set the column (field) in the tasks content type from “optional” to “hidden”? That will hide it on all forms though.