Calculated field rendered as Multiline

Badge +6

Hey all,

I'm trying to add a "Validations" page at the end of my multi-page form, which repeats (as read-only) the values that the user specified in textboxes in the previous pages.

For single-line textboxes, i simply added Calculated Value fields and specified the name of the respective textboxes in the calculation formula.

The problem is, if I do the same for a multi-line textbox then the resulting Calculated Value shows up on a single line!

Is there a way to force it to render correctly for multiple lines?

4 replies

Badge +7

Hi,

Could you add a Multi Line Textbox control connect it to your list column and then set Enabled to No?

Jan

Badge +6

Hey Jan,

I like your solution, unfortunately it won't work as the (secondary) control will be bound to the sharepoint column (which at the time of editing is still blank!)

I would like the Validation page to duplicate the information typed in the textboxes BEFORE the page is submitted (and the sharepoint column updated).

The Calculated field solution was perfect, apart from the multiline issue... maybe we could replace the newline characters into something that the calculated field renders correctly?

Badge +7

Hello,

If you stick with the multiline textbox you could do something like this in form Settings - Custom JavaScript. I've added CSS classes on the source and target controls.

NWF.FormFiller.Events.RegisterAfterReady(function () {

NWF$(".multiLineTarget").html(NWF$(".multiLineSource").html());

NWF$(".multiLineSource").keyup(function () {
        NWF$(".multiLineTarget").html(NWF$(this).html());
    });

});

Jan

Badge +6

Need to fix some display issues (e.g. background color, vertical scrollbars etc), but other than that good workaround!

Thanks Jan!