cassymfreeman
Automation Master
Automation Master

Hide Nintex Forms button on ribbon

Jump to solution

we are thinking of locking down the usage of Nintex Forms in our organisation to only allow site collection administrators to design and deploy Nintex forms.

We lock down Nintex workflow actions with AD groups - I was wondering if something similar is possible to lock down the usage of Nintex forms. Has anyone done anything like this already?

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
16 Replies
inimri
Nintex Newbie

Re: Hide Nintex Forms button on ribbon

Jump to solution

hello,

you dont want to allow the users to customize their forms?

or you dont want the users to create any new items?

0 Kudos
cassymfreeman
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

we don't want users to customise their forms with nintex forms...

0 Kudos
janeyres
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I've had a play with this and the Nintex Forms ribbon button is disabled if the user has Read or Contribute access, so unless they need Edit access you could simply amend their permissions.

Jan

0 Kudos
cassymfreeman
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Hi

I was thinking more of configuration on the farm to hide - managing it with permissions is not going to work as some users will have full control across their sites.

Thanks
Cassy

0 Kudos
janeyres
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I don't think there is anything at farm level, the ribbon button just gets enabled/disabled based on permissions.

0 Kudos
patrickabel
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Hello Cassy Freeman​,

In lieu of farm-level configuration (and not wanting to alter permissions), you might consider using CSS or jQuery to hide Nintex Forms from users.

Nintex Forms is included in the SharePoint > List ribbon using a <DIV> with an ID of Nintex.Forms.Designer-Large. After escaping the periods (special characters), you can hide this option from the ribbon with the following CSS:

#Nintex\.Forms\.Designer-Large {

display: none !important;

}

If you were to setup rules based on the current users' group/permission you could make this modification client-side as the page loads.

Good luck!

cassymfreeman
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

thank you - I will forward that response to my guy that does the clever stuff

If it's the route, I will mark your answer as correct!  thanks Patrick Abel​!

patrickabel
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Not a problem – hope this works for you!

0 Kudos
andrewg
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Cassy, did this approach suit your needs? I would agree that CSS is a great approach. I'm just worried that it also removes the button from SC admins as well.

Maybe it is possible to remove the original button this way, but then create a Custom Action to add it back in, but with the necessary handler for the correct permissions. The bad side of this is that it will have to be deployed a site collection at a time.