Nintex form: How to setup rules on Choice columns

• 28 June 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

I am new to Nintex.

I have a choice column with "Allow fill in Choice" set to "Yes". I need to display two columns on the Nintex form when a user selects "Specify your own value". How to achieve this?

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

So, here's the skinny. The best way to hide/show controls conditionally is with a panel that has some rules attached. Typically, your formula would look something like yourColumn != "value" and you'd check the check box for "Hide" which would hide the panel and it's contents when yourColumn isn't equal to the value you specified. So, we can do that with the "Specify your own value" value with yourColumn == "" because when they first click that specify your own value radio button, the value of the choice control is empty, hence the "". BUT, the problem with that is, as soon as they type something in, the value of the choice control becomes whatever they typed in, which would make the formula evaluate to false and re-hide the panel.

So, how many choices are there in this column besides that one? Because what you could do is have your formula be something like:

or(yourColumn != "Choice 1", yourColumn != "Choice 2")

But that can get messy depending on how many choices you have.

Badge +1

Thank you for your feedback. I am looking at anywhere in between 20-25 options.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

how do you render choice control (dropdown/radio/checkboxes)?

Badge +1

dropdown

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

then a formatting rule with following formula could work

205395_pastedImage_6.png

not(NWF$('#'+jsChoice).closest('.nf-choice-control-fill-in').find('.nf-choice-control-radio-button-fill input[type="radio"]').prop('checked')) && length(ChoiceCtrl)>-1

jsChioce is javascript variable assigned to choice control

ChoiceCtrl is name of choice control (named control)

205391_pastedImage_2.png

205392_pastedImage_3.png