Pulling Distinct Values Into a Dropdown List

• 8 December 2017
  • 8 replies

Badge +8

I am pulling a date field into a dropdown control on a WF start form. There are duplicate dates, but I wish to trim the list so there are no duplicates. I know that I could create a second list that looks to first, but I'd like to know if there is a way to do this otherwise and preferably without code. Seems that the distinct function for dropdowns should be OOTB.

Here's a screenshot to visualize.

211369_pastedImage_1.png

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Take a look at this >>>  

Badge +8

Fernando Hunth‌ I had searched the forum and found that thread. I was trying to accomplish this without code.

I made the suggestion to include this functionality OOTB, if anyone would like to upvote it at the following link.

Distinct Values for Dropdown List – Customer Feedback for Nintex 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Voted.

Badge +8

Fernando Hunth‌ I am trying to complete the steps outlined in that thread you linked. In step 3 where you specify the Clinet ID Javascript variable it won't let me type anything in that box! What am I missing?

211449_pastedImage_1.png

Badge +8

I published the workflow again and now I can add the txtSite value into that box. I still see the duplicates though.

Badge +8

Yay, I got it to work! The problem was that in the code the variable was called txtsite, and in third step it said to put txtSite in the client ID box. Case matters with Javascript!

Badge +2

Can you include the link again?

Badge

I guess it is https://community.nintex.com/t5/Community-Blogs/Remove-Duplicates-from-cascade-lookup-column/ba-p/81259