Is it possible for a Nintex form to use a udc/.udcx data connection file?

Badge +2

Is it possible for a Nintex form to use a udc/.udcx data connection file created in infopath?

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Can you elaborate on your question as to what you would like to do?

Badge +2

I'd like to set up an sql data connection for more than just a single field - similar to infopath (we're moving from info > nintex forms).

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

You could see if you can resolve this using web services.... However, I found another post and I asked the writer to elaborate on how she linked the two. I assume this is for SP2013+ on-premise?

Update: check the "another post" link where you find the answer I received from Lily Seifu. It comes down to using a Build String action for the SQL connection command (INSERT .....) and use it in a Execute SQL action, where you also have to specify db specifics and credentials. Hopefully this helps.

Badge +2

Thanks for this Jean-Pierre Huls‌. I'm testing out a couple of options. The solution from Lily Seifu‌ is using a workflow. Mine is in Forms so, I'm restricted to using SQL Request & Web Requests.

As a clarification, I don't want to store all results of the query in the SP list; most are for display purposes.

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Hi M I‌,

Did you ever resolve this in Nintex Forms?