Why are my HTML alterations being overwritten in my Workflow?

• 11 September 2017
  • 11 replies

Badge +10

0 down vote favorite I asked a question here and the answer worked at first. I go into my Nintex Workflow Assign Flexi task and edit the HTML the body email (as suggested in the answer) of the Task description but now after I publish the Workflow it reverts to ' href="javascript:void(0);"' any ideas?

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

but does the link from notification work or not?

this is by design for reference variables.

Badge +10

Yes it works, after the user approves they are taken to the site homepage. When I try and put a link into the URL to redirect it reverts to what was there originally.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

do you use nintex task form? if so you should be able to configure redirect URL in task form settings

Badge +10

No, I use InfoPath

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

ok.

can you post an example what exactly are you trying to do?

Badge +10

No problem.

I'm trying to get the user to go back to the List after they approve the task not to the site home page. So I'm trying to change the code below. The code in bold I'm trying to change but it keeps reverting back:

<font face="Arial"><span id="NWRTEReference1"><span style="color: #00395e"><strong><font face="Arial">Infrustructure Manager </font></strong></span><br/><br/>item doc number Infrustucture Specfication form for item doc number tem doc number Infrustucture Specfication form for item doc number <span id="NWRTEReference3"><a class="ms-rtestate-write" contenteditable="false" onclick="selectThis(this);" href="javascript:void(0);" reftext="%7BItemProperty%3ADocument_Nimber%7D" link="false" style="text-decoration: underline; color: red">Document Number</a></span>&#160;for the Server <span id="NWRTEReference4"><a class="ms-rtestate-write" contenteditable="false" onclick="selectThis(this);" href="javascript:void(0);" reftext="%7BItemProperty%3Aserver_name%7D" link="false" style="text-decoration: underline; color: red">Server Name</a>&#160;has been sumbitted for your approval <br/><br/>** STAGE 1 - APPROVAL TASK TO INFRUSTRUCTURE MANAGER **<br/><br/></span></span></font>

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

but then you should customize reflink attribute.

href is always set this way.

this is how it works for me

207542_pastedImage_1.png

but I wonder why you miss there reflink attribute and why you have set link="false"...

have you really added it as a link from ribbon? can you try to configure it once again from scratch?

Badge +10

Hi Did as you suggested and it still defaulted and bounced the user back to the website homepage. This is where I got the original answer to overwrite the javascript link. The set link was already set to "false".

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I'm not sure whether InfoPath can influence this.

could you try to remove InfoPath form and test with OOTB sharepoint's task form?

Badge +10

I don't think I'd be able to do that, but related question. Would I change the HTML in the Flexi Task Task Description or in the Task Notification?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I assume you click on approval link in mail notification, so you should customize task notification body.

or do you approach it differently?