Which task action to use?

Badge +4

I have a request for a document review process. 

Requirements:

Task will be assigned to a group of people and all must respond.

They want to see two choices as outcomes:

1. Approve

2. Approval Authority not required

I have tried using the Flexi-task but it does not have an option for all must respond.  I selected all must agree, but that seems to complete the workflow when majority has responded!.  Also tried using a review task action, but there is no way to add outcomes.

Which task action should I use? (It seems that there are many task actions, but not one that has the two requirements that I need.)

We have Nintex WF and Forms 2013 and SharePoint 2013 Enterprise

Thanks,

Rene

6 replies

Badge +16

what would happen if all responded but the responses were different?  i.e. 2 chose Approve and 3 chose Approval Authority not required?  How would you deal with that?

Badge +4

That's okay, we just want to record the outcome of each task regardless of how they responded.  As soon as all respond, workflow completes and that's it!

Badge +16

so there is no branching logic - i.e. do this if "Approved" and do something else if "Approval Authority not required"?

Badge +4

Correct, it's just to gather acknowledgement.

Badge +16

OK so I just had a (very quick) play.

• I added an "Assign to-do task" to a SharePoint group and checked "Create individual tasks for all group members"
  • Chose All must respond
  • Created a new content type called "Document Review Task"
  • Published my workflow
  • Navigated to workflow tasks list > list settings > edited content type "Document Review Task"
  • Added a new column called "Review Outcome" as choice with your two outcomes
  • Re-published workflow (not sure if required)
  • Ran workflow.  All members were assigned a task to complete and in the task was the "Review Outcome" to choose.
Badge +4

Thanks Cassy for your detailed steps.  That did the trick!  I opted to go with the Review Task action since it allowed me to modify the task form and make it more presentable.

Once again Nintex Support to the rescue!