andymcv
Forms Fledgling

Help With Request Approval Task Notification & Common:ApprovalUrl

When a Request Approval action is created and in the Task Notification by default the "Click here to add your comments." uses the Common:ApprovalUrl link.  When the users click on the link in the approval request email they are directed to the ApproveReject.aspx form.

When I manually create that link in the Request Approval, Action Notification using the Common:ApprovalUrl link such as "Click here to approve or reject.", the link in the email goes to Workflow Tasks/EditForm.aspx.

How do I manually create a link in the Request Approval, Action Notification that will direct the user to the ApproveReject.aspx form for approval (or rejection)?

Thanks

Andy

0 Kudos
5 Replies
michael_floyd
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Help With Request Approval Task Notification & Common:ApprovalUrl

Hi Andy,

I tried to reproduce the issue and the Approval URL common lookup appears to be working for me. It is possible that you are either using the wrong common lookup or the method you are using to create the link is causing the issue. To create the link, click on the Insert tab from the action menu and then click on the LInk icon. In the Address section add the Approval URL common lookup and in the Hyperlink test to display section, add the description of the link. If you are still having issues, I recommend contacting Nintex Support and providing the workflow.

0 Kudos
SimonMuntz
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Hi,

You are correct in that Common:ApprovalUrl translates to /EditForm.aspx?ID=XXX but my testing also showed that this url is redirected to /ApproveReject.aspx when clicked.
0 Kudos
andymcv
Forms Fledgling

Here are more details.

If I create a link with the Address:

{Common:ApprovalUrl}$Source=https://mycompany.com/content/P0014742/Obsolescence%20Reporting/Forms/AllItems.aspx

When the user clicks on this link they are routed to the task edit form.  The actual task to edit, which is wierd.  They are not routed to the approval form.

If I create a link with the Address:

{Common:ApprovalUrl}

It works fine and the user is routed to the approval form.  However after they approve their task they are routed to the main SharePoint site page.  So there seems to be no way for me to route them to https://mycompany.com/content/P0014742/Obsolescence%20Reporting/Forms/AllItems.aspx after they approve their task.  😞

0 Kudos
SimonMuntz
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

If you are using a Nintex Task Form you can configure the OK button to redirect to the URL of your choosing.
0 Kudos
emha
Automation Master
Automation Master

'$' sign is not a proper token to separate URL parameters

to separate URL itself and list of passed in parameter you have to use '?' sign (ie. between URL and first paraemter)

to separate mltiple passed in parameters mutially you have to use '&' sign