sending Data retrieved with SMO in an email.

• 13 December 2010
  • 7 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +6

I have a list in SharePoint 2010, and a SMO linked to this list. I need to send the data in the list via email in a neat formated email (I am using HTML based emails). I use the SMO event to get the data (SMO.GetList method) and store it in a local process XML process field.

Does anyone have an idea how to get this data into the email in a neat basic html table, like the following example:

Name       Email

Joe            joe@gmail.com

Andrew    andrew@gmail.com

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Have you tried creating your own HTML template ant then loading it into the Mail Event or Notification?

Vernon

Badge +6

I have got an html template, but the issue is that it is putting all the records in one row in the table and I am not sure how to get each record into their own row in the table.

Badge +5

Hi,

Just wondering have you resolved this? Im trying to do the same thing - email a SP list (formatted as a table)

Cheers

Badge +6

I haven't found a solution yet, as of now, the client has been told that this is not available.

Badge +5

Hi ,

Are you using K2 for Visual Studio? if so you could use a code event, this itterate through the xml returned by the smart object which has been placed in the xml datafield, construct the html table part you want, put this in a data field and then in the email include the datafield in the body of the email.

Badge +6

We have K2 Blackpoint, and as far as I know, there is no K2 for VS in Blackpoint. I had a look around and I don't see any integration with VS.

Badge +5

sorry just saw the forum you are in, sorry